All children should have the opportunity to continually develop their intellectual, aesthetic, social, and physical abilities in a positive environment. We act in collaboration with parents and community to support student learning.
Motto: “Success is our goal.”
Spruce Glen Public School is a community-based school that places ongoing emphasis on school improvement and character education. We believe that all children can learn and do our best to make the school a welcoming and safe environment for all learners.
Very active School Advisory Council and fundraising committee and extensive parent volunteer program.
Events and Activities
- Wide variety of extra-curricular activities
- Students are part of the North Muskoka Sports Club and participate in inter-school leagues, and mini tournaments
- Annual Terry Fox Run and Jump Rope for Heart fundraising
- Grade 8 turkey dinner/Christmas donation
- Regular instructional program for junior kindergarten to grade 8
- Core French
- Balanced Day schedule
- Resource support for Kindergarten to grade 8
- Breakfast for Learning – 40 to 50 students enjoy a healthy and nutritious breakfast 3 times a week to help prepare them for learning that day.
- Intermediate instrumental music (guitars)
- Leadership opportunities for students (Student Leadership Group, kindergarten helpers)
- Service learning opportunities