To promote excellence in academics, athletics, arts, character development, and community partnerships.
Pine Glen Public School was located on its present site in the early 1950s. Renovation and expansion took place in 1989 when new classrooms, gymnasium, and library resource centre were added.
Pine Glen PS operates on a Balanced Day schedule which includes two nutrition breaks/outdoor recess breaks and three large blocks of learning.
The staff of Pine Glen PS work as a professional learning community that focuses on student wellness and academic achievement. Students have many opportunities for in-school and extra-curricular activities. The majority of students at Pine Glen are bussed.
The Pine Glen PS parent community is active as volunteers, members of a very involved Parent Council, and as supporters of the learning that happens within our school.
Very active School Council — parents and community members are actively involved in a wide range of activities with students and assisting staff.
- Regular instructional program from junior kindergarten to grade 8
- Bridging Program
- Learning Strategies Program
- Early Reading Intervention
- Anti-bullying Workshops
- Character Education
- Special Education Learning Centre
- Breakfast Club
Events & Activities
- Intramural leagues and inter-school sports
- Fundraisers for charity: Jump Rope for Heart, Terry Fox Run, Salvation Army
- Winter electives
- Arts Programs – choir, talent showcase