The mission of Macaulay Public School, in partnership with parents and the community, is to provide a safe, secure, and nurturing environment where each student may acquire the knowledge, skills, and values needed to become a responsible life-long learner in a changing society.
Although there have been several schools in the general vicinity of Macaulay PS since 1866, the present building was opened as a brand new four-room school in the fall of 1959. Additions were made in 1969 and 1976. Our most recent predecessor, a block building where some of our school parents attended kindergarten, was just recently removed to make room for the new Board office.
Although not exactly rural, Macaulay PS is nonetheless on the outskirts of the town of Bracebridge. Only about 5% of students walk to Macaulay PS. All other students are bussed.
- Macaulay PS has a large base of volunteers and excellent parental support, activities such as the Breakfast Program and extended Physical Education, are successfully due to parent volunteers.
- Events & Activities
- Breakfast Club
- Intramural activities
- Extended Physical Education
- Activity program
- Spirit Days
- Christmas Concert
- Talent Show
- Student Author Night
- A strong, balanced program of academics and physical activity
- Strong emphasis on Character Education
- Regular health and physical education programs provide students with the encouragement to participate on a consistent basis
- Majority of classes are split classes