As educators, it is our responsibility to promote and aid in the growth and well-being of the whole child – physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. At Lady Mackenzie Public School we are building a better school for everyone. Our students must respect others, tell the truth and own their own behaviour.
Lady Mackenzie PS was built in 1991 to replace a two-room school house that was built in 1956. The school was named after the wife of Sir William Mackenzie, a nineteenth century financier who was born and resided in Kirkfield. Lady Mackenzie PS was a patron of many of the activities in Kirkfield in her time.
- Our school improvement plan includes the following goals:
- We want everyone in our school to be safe, healthy, and happy
- We want to meet the needs of everyone
- We want to know what we are learning, why we are learning it, and how we are going to improve
- We want to receive and give meaningful feedback to improve our work
- We want to be critical thinkers, problem solvers, and effective communicators
- We want to be challenged, enjoy what we are doing, and strive to do our very best
- School Community Council
- School Fundraising Committee
- Parent volunteers for various activities – school dances
- Regular instructional program from junior kindergarten to Grade 8
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Daily nutritional program
- Music program Grades 4 to 8
Events and Activities
Lady Mackenzie PS offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities, including clubs, school teams, and house league.