We aspire to learn and be well so we have opportunity for every tomorrow.
Each of us is competent, curious, and innovative. We have the right to a safe, caring, inclusive environment. We all benefit from partnerships and collaboration.
Irwin Memorial Public School was named to honour Mr. HE Irwin, a pioneer summer resident in the Dwight area. When property for a new central school was being sought in the 1950s, Mrs. Robert Hamilton, Mr. Irwin’s daughter, donated the land for the school site.
This beautiful school was built in 1956 and was renovated in 1986. Irwin Memorial PS sits amid a combination of magnificent pines and shimmering birches. The school property boasts a cross county running and skiing trail. We make the most of the outdoors in all seasons.
Irwin Memorial PS is located at the intersection of Highway #35 and #60, next to the skating rink and across the road from the Dwight Public Library and the Township of Lake of Bays’ offices. We have a family atmosphere in a natural setting.
- Regular Instructional programs from Full Day Kindergarten to grade 8
- Rich balance of academics, athletics, arts, technological opportunities, and outdoor learning
- Ample opportunities to experience leadership
- Shania Kids Can Program
- Service Learning
- Emphasis on technology and the 21st century learning
- Responsive Reading Program
- Responsive Math Program
- Makerspace (focus on STEAM learning)
Events and Activities
- Inter-school sports
- Community BBQ
- Winter Holiday Concert
- Onsite winter activities program – cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and skating
- Track & Field
- Outdoor Phys Ed programming in Winter
- Outdoor garden & music wall