IE Weldon Secondary School is committed to an educational program through the combined efforts of students, parents, staff, and community. We believe in the ability of all students to learn in a safe environment that nurtures, challenges, and enables individuals to achieve their full potential. Students will develop skills enabling them to function effectively, as life-long learners and responsible citizens in a global and technological society.
Our school was named in honour of Isaac Ernest Weldon (1873-1962), a prominent lawyer who was raised as a young man in Lindsay. Upon his death, Weldon bequeathed one million dollars to the former Victoria County Board of Education with the stipulation that the interest generated annually be divided amongst graduating students in the county advancing to post-secondary education.
Since the school’s opening in 1971, there have been additions completed in 1985, 1995, and 2002. IE Weldon SS is the largest school within Trillium Lakelands District School Board.
- International Baccalaureate World School
- Active involvement with a variety of faculties of education, recognized by Queen’s University as Associate School of the Year 2004-05
- Facility is fully accessible including an elevator
- International students welcomed
School Council meetings are held on the third Monday of every other month in the school library at 7 p.m.
- International Baccalaureate Program
- French Immersion
- Specialist High Skills Major programs in construction, transportation, and the arts.
- Cooperative education
- Ontario youth Apprenticeship program
- Practical Academics and Life Skills Program (PALS)
- Specialized teaching areas equipped for the delivery of a broad range of curriculum including technology, fine arts, performing arts, media communications, and special needs
Events and Activities
- IE Weldon SS is ranked among the top contributing schools in the country for Plan Canada contributions (we currently support 20 foster children in developing countries)
- We are one of the top fundraising schools in the province for the Terry Fox Foundation
- Weldon has an extensive variety of individual and team sports competing in the Kawartha and Central Ontario Athletic Associations
- Active Students’ Administrative Council responsible for the organization of numerous activities, spirit events, and fundraising drives.
- Board range of clubs and activities reflective of the diverse student population