At Huntsville High School, we believe that education should help students develop their potential as contributing members of society who approach their future with a positive life-long attitude toward learning. The intellectual, cultural, environmental, athletic, and social experiences in education must encourage tolerance and self-esteem, while fostering the development of skills necessary for growth in an ever-changing world.
Huntsville HS was established in 1904. We celebrated our 100th year reunion in June 2004.
- Huntsville HS is located beside the town’s Summit Centre which has an indoor ice surface and swimming pool
- The school is beside the Muskoka river which meanders through the beautiful small town of Huntsville
- Huntsville HS has continued to exceed the provincial average on the OSSLT and EQAO
- Huntsville HS welcomes international students
- Huntsville HS hosts two schools from Japan each year for a culture exchange
- Specialist High Skills Majors in Arts and Culture, Construction, Environment, Hospitality and Tourism, and Manufacturing
- Active Practical Academics and Life Skills program for students with exceptional needs
- Extended French
- Dual credits in Hospitality and the Arts
- Large Co-operative Education program
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship program
- Composite school offering a variety of courses for students preparing for the workplace, an apprenticeship, college, or university
- Partnerships with Georgian College, Fleming College, and University of Waterloo.
Events & Activities
- Breakfast Program serving all students
- Award winning athletic teams
- Award winning music program
- Active Student Government
- Fundraisers supporting local and global needs
- International educational and service trips including places such as Cuba, New York, Ghana, and Washington
- Over 40 extra-curricular clubs and teams
The community of Huntsville is actively involved in supporting curricular and extra-curricular programs. The School Council meets every other month.