Our school is a supportive and respectful partnership connecting students, staff, families, and the community. We strive to promote in all students, the knowledge, skills, and attitude needed to be critical thinkers as well as caring members of our society.
Grandview Public School opened in 1967 with 16 classrooms. The very next year the first of many portable classrooms were added. In 1982 a hallway was constructed to link all the portables. Grandview PS school had 20 portables prior to the opening of Rolling Hills Public School in 1996. At that time, Grandview PS became a kindergarten to grade 4 school while Rolling Hills PS served students in grades 5 to 8. In 2014, Grandview Public School became a Kindergarten to Grade 3 school with a strong focus on early education.
Grandview PS has approximately 250 students in 11 classes from kindergarten to grade 3. The everyday kindergarten program is a two year program with blended junior and senior kindergarten classes. The school operates on the Balanced Day timetable which provides two eating and recess breaks and three equal blocks of learning time throughout the day.
Grandview PS has a library containing a great selection of books. Each classroom is equipped with a smartboard, several computers, and iPads. They playground has an impressive variety of playground equipment, shelters, and a track which have been purchased by the School Council over the past several years.
Through the generous commitment made by parent volunteers, our school programs are enriched and the achievement of our students is enhanced. Volunteers are always welcome.
- Regular instructional programs from junior kindergarten to grade 3 with a focus on numeracy and literacy
- Safe arrival
- Character Education
- Winnit Awards
- Home Reading Program run through the Library
Events and Registrations
- Fridays special lunches by School Council
- Many extra-curricular activities
- Terry Fox, Jump Rope for Heart, and other fundraising activities
- Monthly school spirit days
- Bi Monthly Character Ed Assemblies
- Numerous guest performers and extra programs offered to students (Curling, Lacrosse, Scientist in the School,Breakdancing, Anti Bullying Presentations)
- Grade 3 Swim to Survive Program
- Skating program in February
- Christmas Craft Night and Basket Raffle
- SnoFest, Play Day