Our aim is to instil in each student a love of learning, individual dignity, and a sense of collective responsibility. In the pursuit of excellence, FFSS staff and students will fulfill their classroom responsibilities as a priority.
FFSS’s success plan includes the ABCs of School Success – A= Academic Accountability,
B= Best Behaviour C= Communication, consistency, and celebrating success.
The original stone school was constructed in 1885. The current building underwent construction in 1932. Fenelon Falls Secondary School is located in the community of Fenelon Falls, a rural town situated on the Trent Severn Waterway. This internationally renowned canal runs from Lake Huron to Lake Ontario across hundreds of kilometres of farmland, forest, and lakes.
- Strong student success team to support restorative approach
- Focus on technology in classrooms
- Aside from the many academic awards the students and school achieve, FFSS has won provincial, central Ontario, and district athletic and fine arts competitions
- Character Development focus
- Offer programs in Arts, Media Communications, Math, Science, Technology, Information Technology, and Specialist High Skills Major in Business and Transportation
Active School Council meets monthly and is comprised of parents, community, students, teacher representatives, non-teaching representatives, and the Principal.
- Wide range of programs at all levels of ability: business, career and co-operative education, English, fine arts, mathematics, physical and health education, sciences, social sciences, special education, and technology programs
- Specialized focus in computer education including a Laptop Program
- Comprehensive orientation program for grade 9 students called Link Crew
- School facility with full range of classrooms, including research, computer, and science labs, as well as fine arts studios and construction, automotive and small engines manufacturing facilities
- Guidance Department with full range of services
Events & Activities
- Athletic teams including badminton, basketball, cross country running, skiing and snowboarding, soccer, track and field, volleyball, wrestling, boys Canadian football, Canadian rugby, weight lifting
- Visual arts, drama, and music events
- Active Student Council
- Foster Parents International
- Sears Drama Club
- Concert band, jazz band, ensembles
- Reach Team