At Trillium Lakelands District School we are committed to student engagement and achievement, staff engagement and development, and parent and community engagement. We strive to provide the best possible education and opportunities for our students in a safe and collaborative learning environment. At TLDSB we are truly, better together.
Find the Right Child Care for Your Family
Early child care can be an opportunity for your child to foster and grow in an environment that will help make the transition to our classrooms even easier. As a parent, you can choose from an array of professional child care programs at a licensed child care centre or a home-based child care provider.
These resources will help you get started:
- The Ministry of Education provides information about choosing, finding, and paying for child care.
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of Kawartha Lakes located in Lindsay/Little Britain offers authorized recreation after programs at Ridgewood P.S., Dunsford E.S. and Lady Mackenzie P.S., a before-school nutrition program at Ridgewood PS, and full-day programming in Little Britain and Lindsay on PA days, Christmas, and March Break. Summer full-day programming is available in Kirkfield at Lady Mackenzie.
- Bobcaygeon Nursery School and Daycare offers child care services for ages 0 – 12 years. The Nursery School offers full and part-time care, before and after school care also available.
- Compass Early Learning and Childcare offers centre-based, home child care and school age programs are carefully designed for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years.
- Fenelon Langton Child Care Centre provides daycare/childcare, incorporating stimulating learning activities in a warm, loving environment. Ages 30 months to 13 years. Nursery school – full and part-time.
- Macaulay Treehouse provides quality child care for children ages 15 months to 12 years of age.
- Muskoka Family Focus & Children’s Place offers licensed programs for children to learn through play.
- Muskoka Lakes Preschool offers daily programs for children ages 18 months to 5 years.
- Omemee Child Care Centre has space for 67 children, 30 pre-school, and 37 school-age. Integration of children with various physical, behavioural, and intellectual needs is seen as an enrichment to the daily experiences of all children.
- Ontario Early Years Centres offer both part-time and full-time care for families with toddlers, preschoolers and school-aged children. For school-aged children they offer before and after-school care.
Please review the Ministry Policy/Program Memorandum No. 131 on Home Schooling.