The revised Health and Physical Education Curriculum (HPE) supports students to develop the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand themselves and others.
- Think critically and make and promote healthy choices.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships.
- Be safe, physically and emotionally.
- Be physically active for live and thrive.
Prior to the implementation of the curriculum in September 2015, the former document received considerable consultation and review. The result was an updated and integrated approach to health education.
The revised curriculum aligns with the Ontario Renewed Vision for Education: achieving excellence, ensuring equity, promoting well-being, and enhancing public confidence.
Grade by Grade Overviews for Parents can be found here:
Quick Facts for Parents