SUPPLY EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANTS
Posting #: EA-2020-202WF
Location: Wilberforce, ON
Have you considered a job as an Educational Assistant? Do you enjoy helping children realize their full potential? We are actively seeking qualified individuals for our Supply Educational Assistant List to fill daily absence and long term temporary positions. Under the direction of the School Principal and Classroom Teacher or Resource Teacher, the Educational Assistant will assist in the education, care, and supervision of students. This care could include lifting, toileting, dealing with medically fragile students, and aggressive behaviours.
- Child and Youth Worker Diploma, D.S.W., E.C.E. or E.A. Diploma OR a 2 year College Diploma or University Degree, plus experience working with elementary or secondary age students or individuals with special needs and/or behavioural difficulties
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others
- A sensitivity to the individual needs of children
- Experience working with children who have Autism and/or behavioural issues is an asset
- Non Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) and/or Behaviour Management Systems (BMS) training and/or Understanding & Managing Aggressive Behaviour training is an asset
- Assistive Technology experience with different student software is an asset
- Good knowledge of Google and Gmail software
- Physically fit and have the ability to lift on a daily basis
- Toileting experience
- Must have reliable transportation to attend various schools
- First Aid and C.P.R. certification is an asset
Please be advised:
- Prior to any applicant being accepted for a Supply Educational Assistant position, the candidate will be required to demonstrate to the Trillium Lakelands District School Board that they have the ability to perform the essential duties of the job. Potential candidates must agree to complete the physical abilities pre-employment screening test at a service provider contracted by the TLDSB. All job offers are conditional on the candidate passing all components of this test.
- You must be available to work a minimum of two (2) days per week.
- The candidates selected for the position will be required to provide a valid, up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Check.
Hours of Work: vary depending on assignment; up to 7 hours per day, Mon – Fri
Hourly Rate: $19.89/hr for the first 25 days then $20.77/hr to a max of $21.68/hr
Applications (in either a .pdf or .docx format) outlining experience and qualifications should be forwarded quoting the job file # (below) to:
Employee Services Officer – Support Staff
Lindsay Education Centre
Haliburton Supply List : File# EA-2020-202WF
Click here to submit an electronic application.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment/hiring process, please contact the Employee Services Officer – Support Staff at ext. 22186.
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board would like to thank all respondents. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews are conducted on an as-needed basis throughout the school year. Resumes will be retained on file for six months.