SUPPLY DESIGNATED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS
Posting #: ECE-2020-303
Location: Muskoka, ON
Under the direction of the Principal, the Designated Early Childhood Educator will partner with the classroom teacher to plan and implement a full day early learning program within a classroom setting and provide supervision and age-appropriate programming for groups of students as part of the extended day program, as required. The Designated Early Childhood Educator will collaborate in the design of programs and environments which will enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and six months child care experience in an educational setting;
- Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education full-day learning Kindergarten curriculum;
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the public;
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality;
- Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing age-appropriate programs;
- Basic computer skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Must be able to physically assist children as required (i.e. lifting, bending, crouching, reaching, etc.);
- Must have reliable transportation to attend various schools.
The candidates selected for the position will be required to provide a valid, up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Check.
Hours of Work: vary depending on assignment; up to 7 hours per day, Mon – Fri
Hourly Rate: $19.58/hr
Interested applicants must submit a covering letter listing the area(s) of the board they wish to work in, a detailed resume, proof of qualifications, proof of registration with Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators, a recent performance assessment and/or letter of reference and the names of three professional references. Applications (in either a .pdf or .docx format) should be forwarded, quoting the job file # below, to:
Employee Services Officer – Support Staff
Lindsay Education Centre
Muskoka Supply List : File# ECE-2020-303
Click here to submit an electronic application.
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board would like to thank all respondents; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Employee Services Department.