Position: Supply ASL Interpreters
Location: Lindsay, ON
Have you considered a job as an ASL Interpreter / Educational Assistant? Do you enjoy helping children realize their full potential? We are actively seeking individuals for our Supply ASL / Educational Assistant List to fill daily absence and long term temporary positions, specifically positions working with individuals with profound hearing loss, applicants must have high level fluency and proficiency in ASL, which is required to interpret elementary school curriculum in the regular program classes for the student.
Below is a summary of the qualifications required for this position. You can apply for this position by following the link below.
These positions are available in the City of Kawartha Lakes area.
- Two year post-secondary training with the completion of a community college program in sign language interpreting (ASL) or an acceptable combination of formal training and experience
- Child and Youth Worker Diploma, D.S.W., E.C.E. or E.A. Diploma OR a 2 year College Diploma or University Degree, plus experience working with elementary or secondary age students or individuals with special needs and/or behavioural difficulties
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others
- A sensitivity to the individual needs of children
- Experience working with children who have Autism and/or behavioural issues is an asset
- Non Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) and/or Behaviour Management Systems (BMS) training and/or Understanding & Managing Aggressive Behaviour training is an asset
- Assistive Technology experience with different student software is an asset
- Good knowledge of Google and Gmail software
- Physically fit and have the ability to lift on a daily basis
- Own transportation
- First Aid and C.P.R. is an asset
Please be advised:
- Prior to any applicant being accepted for a Supply Educational Assistant position, the candidate will be required to demonstrate to the Trillium Lakelands District School Board that they have the ability to perform the essential duties of the job. Potential candidates must agree to complete the physical abilities pre-employment screening test at a service provider contracted by the TLDSB. All job offers are conditional on the candidate passing all components of this test.
- Interviews will include an opportunity to demonstrate English–ASL and ASL–English interpretation.
- There will be no contract of service with Trillium Lakelands District School Board prior to the candidate passing the requirements of the Board-approved physical testing.
- The candidates selected for the position will be required to provide a current and clear Vulnerable Sector Check.
Hours of Work: Varies depending on assignment, up to 7 hours per day, Mon – Fri
Hourly Rate: $19.89/hr for the first 25 days then $20.77/hr to a max of $21.68/hr
Applications (in either a .pdf or .docx format) outlining experience and qualifications should be forwarded quoting the job file # (below) to:
Employee Services Officer – Support Staff
Lindsay Education Centre
Click here to submit an electronic application.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment/hiring process, please contact the Employee Services Officer – Support Staff at ext. 22186.
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board would like to thank all respondents. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews are conducted on an as-needed basis throughout the school year. Resumes will be retained on file for six months.