LINDSAY, ON – Information nights are taking place at all Trillium Lakelands District School Board secondary schools for grade 8 students and their parents in January and February 2016. The transition to grade 9 is an exciting yet intimidating time for grade 8 students. There are tools and resources in place in Trillium Lakelands District School Board to make this transition as easy as possible for both students and parents.
The “We Got You Covered” campaign was launched in 2013 and showcases all aspects of student life in high school. A 4-panel brochure is provided to each Grade 8 parent describing the academic as well as school life options available in secondary schools. All promotional materials developed for the campaign direct students and parents to the www.wegotyoucovered.ca website.
Grade 9 Information Nights for Grade 8 students and their parents:
- Bracebridge and Muskoka Lakes Secondary School – January 20, 2016 at 6:45 p.m.
- Fenelon Falls Secondary School – February 10, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- Gravenhurst High School – January 25, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- Haliburton Highland Secondary School – February 10, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- Huntsville High School – January 13, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- IE Weldon Secondary School – February 3, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. Includes powerpak/IB talk
- Lindsay Collegiate & Vocational Institute – February 9, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
“Parent Information Nights are an opportunity for families to learn about the schools, programs, and courses we have to offer,” stated Director of Education Larry Hope. “Our schools have all that students need to be successful: from our extraordinary staff and outstanding extra-curricular activities to the supports for student well-being.”
“We want to help parents by sharing information that will help guide their child’s future,” said Chairperson Louise Clodd. “We are committed to providing a safe and caring learning community for all of our students.”