DRAFT: School Year Calendar for 2020-2021
Each year, Trillium Lakelands District School Board (TLDSB) provides an opportunity to parents, students, staff, community partners, and community members to review and comment on the draft school year calendar for the upcoming school year.
The 2020-2021 school year calendar presents a unique situation where the Labour Day holiday falls in the second week of September on the seventh. The proposed calendar is designed to:
- Have students start on September 8, after Labour Day.
- Maintain the 194 Ministry of Education required instructional days.
- Ensure that the first and second semester have an equal number of instructional days.
- Schedule Professional Development (PD) Days as per Ministry requirements and Collective Agreements.
- End the school year by June 30, 2021.
With these criteria in mind, please review the draft 2020-2021 TLDSB school year calendar and let us know what you think in this brief survey: tldsb.ca/tldsbcalendarsurvey
|2020-2021 School Year Calendar Dates|
|Start of School for Students||September 8, 2020|
|Professional Activity Days||September 2, 2020
September 3, 2020
November 20, 2020
February 3, 2021
April 30, 2021
June 4, 2021 (Elementary only)
June 29, 2021 (Secondary only)
June 30, 2021
|Christmas Break||December 21, 2020 → January 2, 2021|
|Secondary Examination Days||January 27 → January 30, 2021
June 22 → June 28, 2021
|March Break||March 15 → March 19, 2021|
|End of school for
|June 29, 2021 (Elementary)
June 28, 2021 (Secondary)
2019-2020 school year calendar