Trustee Bruce Reain, Vice Chair
Huntsville, Lake of Bays
- Phone: 705.783.2336
- Email: email@example.com
- Huntsville Public School
- Irwin Memorial Public School
- Pine Glen Public School
- Riverside Public School
- Spruce Glen Public School
- VK Greer Memorial Public School
- Huntsville High School
- Huntsville AETC
A Message from Bruce
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am fully committed to serving the students and constituents of Huntsville/Lake of Bays in my role as school board trustee. Five of our six children have attended, and graduated from, Trillium Lakelands District School Board (formerly Muskoka Board of Education) and we have two grandchildren currently attending kindergarten and grade one in TLDSB. TLDSB has an exceptional reputation in the province and I take pride in representing this area.
A public school educator for 35 years, Bruce was a principal in Muskoka for 18 years. During his time as principal Bruce hosted the Huntsville High School 100th anniversary, was a member of the Ontario Paralympics Winter Games steering committee and a regional chairperson of the Ontario Secondary School Principals Council as well as the Ontario Principals Council. He coached minor hockey, high school hockey, the HHS alpine ski team, and is a past member of the Rotary Club.
Bruce Reain was elected as trustee in 2010 for the Huntsville and Lake of Bays area in Muskoka.
Committees, Membership, and Professional Development
- Supervised Alternative Learning (SAL) Committee
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) Committee
- Staff Recognition Committee
- Student Success committee
- Communications Advisory Committee
- completed Governance Certification through Ontario Public School Boards Association (OPSBA)