LINDSAY, ON – Student and parent information nights are taking place at all Trillium Lakelands District School Board secondary schools over the next few weeks. The transition to grade 9 is an exciting yet intimidating time for grade 8 students. School and central office staff have tools and resources in place to make this transition as easy as possible for both students and parents.
The “We Got You Covered” campaign was launched in 2013 and covers all aspects of student life at high school. A 4-panel brochure is provided to each Grade 8 parent describing the academic as well as school life options available in secondary schools. All promotional materials developed for the campaign direct students and parents to the www.wegotyoucovered.ca website.
Parent Grade 9 Information Nights
- Bracebridge and Muskoka Lakes Secondary School – January 21, 2014 at 6:45 p.m.
- Fenelon Falls Secondary School – January 28, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Gravenhurst High School – February 19, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Haliburton Highland Secondary School – February 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Huntsville High School – January 15, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- IE Weldon Secondary School – January 30, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Lindsay Collegiate & Vocational Institute – February 6, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
“We are pleased to provide this opportunity for parents at such a critical time in their child’s education,” stated Director of Education Larry Hope. “Our schools have everything a student needs to be successful from our extraordinary staff, outstanding program opportunities, extra-curricular activities, and supports for all aspects of student well-being.”
“We want to help parents in every way possible to have the information they need for their child to be successful in high school,” said Chairperson Louise Clodd. “We are committed to providing a safe and caring learning community for all of our students.”