To promote the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical well-being of every person in a safe, nurturing, learning environment so that each of us has the opportunity to realize our full potential.
The school was named after Stuart W. Baker, a well-known person in Haliburton County. As a respected teacher, principal, and then Director of Education, he made a profound contribution to the community.
Stuart Baker Elementary School actively promotes a character education program. Great emphasis is placed on respect for self and others. Monthly assemblies take place to recognize peace makers.
- Very active volunteer program – half of our families have a family member volunteering at the school
- Canadian Parents for French committee supports the French Immersion Program
- School Council is involved in a variety of activities including: fundraising for playground equipment, BBQ Fun Night, and assisting in classrooms and on school excursions
- All School Council meetings are open to the public
- Stuart Baker ES has an open door policy for parents and guardians encouraging regular communication between parents and staff all year long
- Regular instructional program for junior kindergarten to grade 3
- French Immersion program beginning in senior kindergarten
- School-wide focus on literacy and mathematics with high expectations for all students
- School’s Cool – a program to help prepare children for kindergarten
- Resource support for all students
- Health and physical education program
- Tutor volunteer program
- Computer lab support
- Healthy snack program
Events & Activities
- Fundraising for charities – Jump Rope for Heart, Terry Fox Run, Muscular Dystrophy
- Track and Field
- Cross Country Run
- Chess Club
- Christmas Concert