We are committed to quality educational opportunities for all students to enable them to develop to their fullest potential.
School Vision: To ensure every child achieves their full potential.
Motto: Come learn with us, come achieve with us!
Ridgewood Public School was built in 1992 with an opening enrolment of 387 students. These students attending schools in Burnt River, Coboconk, Kinmount, and Norland in their earlier years. Ridgewood PS was constructed to accommodate the students from these communities and was appropriately named by Mrs. Kathy Alton.
- Feed All Four
- Full Day Kindergarten
- After-school care program through BGCKL
- Restorative Practices
- Safe Arrival
- Very active and involved school advisory council
- School fundraising committee
- Parent volunteers – Breakfast Club, hot lunches, milk program
- Open door policy for parents, guardians, and volunteers
- Events & Activities
- House league programs
- Teams and clubs including cheerleading, choir, band, chess etc.
- Student Council
- Public speaking
- Terry Fox fundraising
- Alternating Heart and Stroke and Pedal for Hope every year
- Responsive instructional program from junior kindergarten to grade 8
- Computer lab
- Outdoor Classroom
- Instrumental music program
- Nutritional snack daily and Breakfast Club
- Classroom and school intervention to meet the needs of all students
- School band
- Core French
- Leadership opportunities
- Spirit days and guest speakers
- We Team