Academic excellence in a positive school environment.
Parkview Public School is committed to providing a rich academic experience for students. We promote student engagement by offering a large number of extra-curricular activities as well as a balanced academic program. Parkview welcomes parent and community involvement as a means to enrich the students’ time at Parkview PS.
Parkview PS opened in October 1960. In September 1971, a new wing was added containing ten more classrooms and an office area. Parkview PS has a Ministry of Education rated capacity of 430 students in the main building and has three portables used for instruction.
Parkview PS has an active School Council that promotes parent engagement. We also have Practical Academic Life Skills classes and our school is wheelchair accessible. Only 16% of our students are bussed, the majority live within easy walking distance of the school.
Parents are encouraged to join Parent Council, as we really value your input. For more volunteer opportunities, please pick up a brochure at the school.
- Regular instructional program from junior kindergarten to grade 6
- Our programs are varied and provide a strong balanced, academic, intramural, and extra-curricular approach
- Special education classes integrated into class settings
- Special activities are planned to enhance student interest in academics, sports, and the arts
- Lunch Monitors
- Student Announcers
- Breakfast Club
- School Trips
- Sensory Room
- Robotics Club
Events & Activities
- Extra-curricular and intramurals
- Spirit and character days
- Concerts and assemblies
- Service learning projects