We are committed to helping each child be the best that they can be. Every child will reach his or her full potential by meeting individual academic expectations. A balanced curriculum with a focus on literacy will be the guiding principle at Muskoka Beechgrove Public School. Through personal example, staff will instil in their students the need and desire to be life-long learners. Through partnerships with parents and the community, teachers will assist students in becoming responsible members of society who are prepared for the 21st Century.
Muskoka Beechgrove PS opened in the early 1960s. In 1975 a new addition and gymnasium was constructed. In 1999, the students from the former Ryde Public School joined the student body at Muskoka Beechgrove PS. In 2012, an addition included a new classroom, office, and renovated kindergarten classrooms.
- Hosts the School’s Cool program in August to help children prepare for their entrance to kindergarten
- The school is wheelchair accessible
- The playground features a variety of equipment including climbers, swings, tether balls, basketball hoops, and a field
- The library hosts a computer lab of 18-20 units/each classroom has computer technology including SMART Boards
- Parent Participation
- Very supportive School Council
- Extensive parent volunteer program assisting teachers in the classroom and on field trips, fundraising, and the organization of various school functions and events
- Regular instructional program from junior kindergarten to grade 8
- French program delivered to grades 4 to 8
Events & Activities
Muskoka Beechgrove PS hosts a wide variety of clubs, events, and activities ranging from inter-school sports teams, intramurals, annual talent show, Reading Buddies, an active student government, a growing instrumental music program, and more.