“Working Together” to provide a safe and caring learning environment, where every student is engaged and is provided with multiple opportunities to achieve his or her full potential.
First school was originally built in the late 1870s and the present school built in 1958. Since then, several large additions have taken place including a large open foyer, gymnasium, library, and several classrooms.
Glen Orchard Public School staff are trained in restorative practices.
Very active School Council with a strong parent and community volunteer group.
- Regular instructional program from junior kindergarten to grade 8
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Resource support for all students
- Full computer lab
- Sensory room
Events and Activities
- A wide variety of co-curricular activities including, Racing Against Drugs, and Bala Cranberry Festival
- Charitable fundraisers – Terry Fox Run, Heart and Stroke, West Muskoka Food Drive
- Local Lions Club and Legion Public Speaking Competition
- Me to We