We believe all students have the right to learn, engage, grow in confidence, and excel both academically and socially to the best of their ability. We believe all students have the right to a safe, supportive, and respectful environment.
Cardiff Elementary School was built in 1957 and in the early years serviced the families of the employees of the uranium mines. Today, Cardiff ES continues to be a community based school.
- The staff at Cardiff ES are committed to improving student academic achievement. They work as a team and strive to enrich the children’s lives in a holistic manner.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Sensory room
- SmartBoard in every homeroom class
- Soundfield System installed in every homeroom class
- Parent Council and other parent volunteers have been active in supporting the school through a variety of initiatives
- Parent volunteer reading program
- Parent volunteers prepare nutrition snacks and breakfast
- Math tutoring
- Cardiff ES is a junior kindergarten to grade 3 school
- Cardiff ES runs a highly successful integrated Character Education program
- The students benefit from presentations made by many outside partners
- Cardiff ES offers Full Day Kindergarten.
- Breakfast program
- Snack program
- Healthy Schools Initiative
- Early reading intervention program
- Summer programs – School’s Cool and Learn, Play, Grow Kinder Group
- Early years play group with Point In Time
- TRACKS program (Try again, Right thing, Assist, Congratulate, Keep trying) – social skills program
Events and Activities
- Variety of athletic programs
- Many community events such as: the Bancroft Santa Claus Parade, the Cardiff Food Bank, and the Royal Canadian Legion (Remembrance Day Services and Effective Speaking Competition)
- After school recreation program offered two times per week
- Eco team
- Terry Fox National School run Day
- Track & Field
- Jump Rope for Heart