To provide a secure and welcoming environment where we build solid foundations for life-long learning. Our staff and students work together to create and maintain a positive learning climate which fosters self-esteem and success. Our goal is to work together to be responsible citizens using the educational environment to enhance the character of our community.
In 1878 the school board began to arrange a land purchase that would provide a site for a new, central school; the current site of Bracebridge Public School. The original school was built at a cost of $5,650. The project resulted in a six-room school which opened its doors in September 1881. Although the site of Bracebridge PS changed over time, the current school, which was completed in 1957, is located on the original property purchased by the school board trustees in the late 1800s.
Muskoka Family focus runs a daycare out of the school, as well as a before and after school program. Bracebridge PS operates on a Balanced Day schedule which includes two nutrition/outdoor recess breaks. We have school vegetable gardens that have been created in partnership with community partners and vegetables are harvested at various times during the school year, to provide students with special “food” days. Character education, Environmental Awareness, Mindfulness, Technology and Athletic Programming are key elements of Bracebridge PS.
The Bracebridge PS Advisory Council meets regularly each month. We have an active and supportive parent community which assists the school in providing a diverse range of opportunities for our students. Many of our parents volunteer in our classrooms, in the library, at breakfast program, and help support extra-curricular activities.
- Regular instructional program from junior kindergarten to grade 8
- Instructional Music program for grades 7 & 8
- Bridging and Coaching Classes
- ESL programs
- Active Breakfast program
- Environmental Stewardship
- Intramural sports program
- Winter elective program
Events and Activities
- Every year Bracebridge PS students and staff are involved in a variety of school and community happenings.
- Weekly assemblies
- Monthly Character Education recognition assemblies
- Community Service projects
- Active recycling/composting program
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Terry Fox National School Run Day
- Extra-curricular sports Teams, Arts Events
- Spirit days, guest speakers, and school dances
- Active Student Parliament