To develop a community of learners. We strive to challenge, motivate, and support all students to become life-long learners and successfully progress to the world of work, apprenticeship, college, or university. We guide our students to become active and responsible citizens who seek to improve the natural and social environment. We promote the social, creative, physical, and intellectual well-being of all members of this community.
Bracebridge and Muskoka Lakes Secondary School was built in 1925 with significant additions and renovations occurring in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1990s. An exciting new facility was built in 2005 and is attached to the town’s recreation complex and community theatre. Students have access to the pool, indoor running track, and fullsize gymnasium facility. The school contains state of the art facilities for science, technology, the arts, athletics, special education, and a host of other subject areas.
BMLSS has consistently exceeded provincial averages in the grade 9 math assessment and the grade 10 literacy test
Advanced Placement Program – internationally recognized courses that allow students to earn credit advanced standing at participating universities
The School Council is composed of parents, a community representative, a student representative, a teacher representative, a non-teaching staff representative, and the principal. They meet once a month and organize one major activity each year.
- Advanced Placement
- Special Education
- Extended French
- Specialist High Skills Major
- Full range of technical education
- Excellent music, art, and drama programs
- A full service school offering a variety of courses to help prepare students for college, university, apprenticeship, or work
Events & Activities
- Very active student parliament with over thirty members who organize dances, coffee houses, and school spirit days
- Very active band program
- Wide variety of athletics from fencing to rugby
- Several clubs
- Involvement in a variety of international exchange/education programs from one week to one year in length