To support all students in reaching their full potential – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and socially. In partnership with home and community, we are dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing, and challenging learning environment. Our vision is that our students will grow to be respectful, global citizens, becoming enthusiastic life-long learners. Our goal is a future built on positive character.
Over the years Bobcaygeon Public School has had many face lifts and changes. In 1956, a new school, consisting of 6 classrooms was built and opened at the current location. By 2000, the school had 13 portables and the original 1950s wing was in need of major upgrades. A new addition was opened in the spring of 2002. The portables and the original part of the school from 1956 were removed and replaced with new renovated classrooms and office space, a new gym, library, and computer lab.
Bobocaygeon PS operates on a Balanced Day schedule which includes two nutrition/outdoor recess breaks. Character Education is a major focus. The school focuses on a particular character trait each month. Teachers present lessons based on each character trait across the curriculum disciplines and an assembly culminates the activities each month.
The school is wheelchair accessible.
The School Advisory Council meets regularly and all parents and guardians are warmly welcomed to attend the meetings. Volunteers are actively involved across all grade levels.
- Regular instructional program from junior kindergarten to grade 8
- Full Day Kindergarten program
- Resource support for kindergarten to grade 8 students
- Core French
- Instrumental band for grade 6 to 8 students
- Extended library programs
- Breakfast and snack programs offered daily
Events and Activities
- Annual trip to Yearly Outdoor Education Centre
- Grade 7/8 overnight trip bi-yearly
- Wide variety of sports teams
- Terry Fox National School Run Day
- Ongoing fundraising
- Special arts presentations
- Instrumental music program
- Me to We Student Leadership Team