For the MUSKOKA, HALIBURTON and CITY OF KAWARTHA LAKES AREAS
Trillium Lakelands District School Board invites applications for Supply Educational Assistants to assist in the education, care and supervision of students under direction of the Classroom/Resource Teacher. These positions are for on-call and temporary positions.
- E.A. diploma, Child and Youth Worker diploma, D.S.W. diploma, E.C.E. diploma or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with individuals with special needs and/or behaviour difficulties.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- A sensitivity to the individual needs of children.
- Non Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention or equivalent behaviour training.
- Physical Fitness and the ability to lift.
- Own transportation.
- First Aid and C.P.R.
Please be advised:
Prior to an applicant being accepted for this position, every employment candidate will be required to demonstrate to the Trillium Lakelands District School Board that they have the physical capability to perform the essential physical duties of the job. Potential employment candidates must agree to complete a Post Offer Screen performed via a Service Provider contracted by the Trillium Lakelands District School Board. The Post Offer Screen may include the following tests:
• Disclose pertinent medical history
• Perform a musculoskeletal screen with a Regulated Health Professional
• Perform strength and endurance testing including:
.. Demonstrate ability to perform heavy strength testing
.. Low lifting (floor to waist)
.. Mid lifting (waist to shoulder)
.. High lifting (above shoulder)
.. Hand grip (bilateral)
.. Pinch grip (bilateral)
.. Forward reach
.. Overhead reach
.. Resting blood pressure
All job offers will be conditional on the candidate passing all components of this test.
Results will not be disclosed during the Post Offer Screen but basic “fit” and “unfit”
results will be provided to the Trillium Lakelands District School Board, who will notify candidates. Medical information will not be disclosed by the testing provider to the Trillium Lakelands District School Board.
A clear or satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a requirement for all of the above Supply positions.
Note: There will be no contract of service with the Trillium Lakelands District School Board prior to the employment candidate’s completion of and passing the requirements of the physical testing. Interested persons should forward their resume, outlining experience and qualifications to:
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board would like to thank all respondents. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on an as needs basis for the Supply Educational Assistant list(s). Resumes will be retained on file for six months.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Employee Services Department.