This position will be located in Lindsay and reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Services. The Purchasing Supervisor is key member of the financial management team of the Board and is responsible for coordinating and supervising the procurement of goods and services for the Board’s schools and service departments in accordance with Board policies and procedures.
- Directing and supervising the work of the purchasing department.
- Prepares, analyzes and awards formal requests for tender, proposal and quotation documents.
- Management and administration of Board issued purchasing/credit cards. Obtains and processes applications, and reviews statements for appropriate and authorized uses.
- Provide technical advice and support on procurement and administrative matters for all staff. Provides staff training.
- Ensures that the procurement of goods and services are adhering to relevant sections of the Education Act, Purchasing Statutes, Regulations and the Broader Public Sector Supply Chain Directives.
- Responsible for cooperative purchasing initiatives with other Boards and agencies to maximize cost efficiencies.
- Collaborates with Senior Administration and Principals on tendering and purchasing of furniture and equipment and the provision of services for major capital projects.
- Develops purchasing strategies, and updates purchasing practices and procedures in keeping with Board policies, and the Broader Public Sector Supply Chain Directive.
- Assists all departments in evaluating tender submissions.
- Conducting ongoing product evaluation and analysis to ensure products meet the quality, environmental and safety standards of the Board.
- Perform other duties or assignments as assigned by the Senior Manager of Financial Services.
- Community College Diploma or University Degree related to Business Administration, or related discipline.
- A professional designation is required; a preference will be given to a Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), or Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP).
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory purchasing experience preferably within a School Board or similar public sector organization.
- Experience with public sector tendering software, experience with eSolutions would be an asset
- Extensive knowledge of a computerized purchasing system, experience with SDS software would be an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, with expertise using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- A proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with rigid timetables and confidential information.
Applicants are asked to submit a covering letter and resume, quoting posting # MM-2017-03-15-03 not later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, March 30, 2017.
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board would like to thank all respondents; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The candidates selected for the position will be required to provide a criminal record check. Trillium Lakelands District School Board complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Employee Services Department.