Online social networks are presenting more and more opportunities for our school communities to share information quickly and broadly. There is an opportunity and a need to show the good in social media by sharing all the good things that Trillium Lakelands District School Board staff, students, and school communities do to have a positive local, national, and global impact. To grow the good, it is important to reflect our TLDSB mission “better together in a safe and caring learning community” when using social media. Social media is about connecting TLDSB to something larger – it’s about people, not tools.
As a member of the Trillium Lakelands District School Board community, you will have the opportunity to interact and communicate using social media tools – Twitter and Facebook. The school board has a Facebook page as well as a Twitter feed. All schools have the opportunity to have a Twitter or Facebook account.
Social media is about conversations, community and building relationships – a tool to connect with staff, students, parents, and the school community. Social media is a ‘many to many’ networking tool offering a different level of engagement than more traditional forms of communication.
We will update and monitor our Facebook and Twitter accounts during regular office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
These guidelines have been developed to ensure appropriate and effective use of social media within and for Trillium Lakelands District School Board. Following these social media guidelines will ensure that Trillium Lakelands District School Board is represented in a positive, accurate, and transparent manner.
The first step when engaging in Trillium Lakelands DSB social media is to review the BU – 3036 Appropriate Use of Information / Communication Technology and Technology Services procedure.
We would like to encourage open and engaging conversation. We ask that you express any concerns, ideas, or thoughts in a respectful, family-friendly manner. Comments that do not follow the guidelines below will be removed and/or blocked from this page.
- Obscene, racial, or disrespectful comments or posts will not be allowed
- Comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization will not be permitted
- We reserve the right to delete comments that:
- Are spam or advertising
- Are clearly off-topic or disruptive
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
- Infringe on copyright or trademarks
- Violate any Trillium Lakelands DSB policies or procedures
- Individuals who do not follow the guidelines below will have their posts removed and/or be blocked from this page.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided
- Finally, the comments and posts expressed by fans on the Trillium Lakelands DSB Facebook fan-page do not reflect the opinions and/or position of the Trillium Lakelands DSB or its employees.
For more information about Trillium Lakelands DSB and to contact us please visit our website at tldsb.ca
The above information will be available on all social media platforms created by Trillium Lakelands DSB.
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!