Community partners play an active role in supporting the development and achievement of our students. In Trillium Lakelands District School Board we are committed to fostering parent and community engagement. To support this goal, we will:
- Continually communicate the critical role the home plays in a child’s development
- Engage in partnerships that support the health and well-being of our students
- Make our schools and facilities available as community hubs whenever possible
- Ensure that goals, progress, and achievement are communicated through a variety of media
We are truly thankful for the support our community partners provide to our schools every day to ensure our students are receiving the best possible education.
Not-for-profit community agency partners may distribute material through an electronic mail system to our staff. Distribution to students is by newsletter or school and Board website.
We also have third party agreements with community agencies working with individual students within our schools.
As well, the Board and schools participate in a variety of planning councils and tables that are community-based and also maintain close ties with area health units: Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit and Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
In addition, the Director of Education maintains close ties with municipal leaders, local chambers of commerce, and holds regional meetings with community partners on a regular basis.
- Co-operative Education
- Dual Credit Programs
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program
- and more!
As well, major Board or area-wide events often stem from a community partnership.
- Haliburton-Muskoka Children’s Water Festival
- Skilled Trades Expos
- Fire Prevention Week
- Racing against Drugs
- National Character Education Conference
- and more!
For information on any of these events or initiatives, contact the Communications Office at 888.526.5552 ext 22129 or e-mail email@example.com.