2017 Annual Report
Secondary Curriculum Services
Did You Know?
The core focus of the Elementary Curriculum Services Department it to support learning and innovation to maximize the success and well-being of all. Because student learning is at the heart of everything we do, our work centres around what will likely provide the best possible learning opportunities. Teachers have always been the key to great learning experiences; it’s what happens between the teachers and students that determine whether learning opportunities are engaging, rigorous, relevant, meaningful, and lasting. Thus, the Curriculum Team provides teachers and principals with a high level of support – so they can continually teach better and improve students’ learning experiences. Our key initiatives include:
- Early Years Education; growing the play and inquiry conversation beyond K – Gr. 1, and introducing the Kindergarten Communication of Learning
- Math; knowing our students and increasing teacher content knowledge
- Literacy, knowing our students and collaboratively owning assessment and programming
- Health and Physical Education, developing knowledge, understanding, and practices of physical and health literacy
- the Arts, it’s building content knowledge with the creative process, building teacher confidence, and integrating the arts with other curriculum.